The Truck Safety Coalition (TSC) is a partnership between Citizens for Reliable and Safe Highways (CRASH) and Parents Against Tired Truckers (P.A.T.T.). The Truck Safety Coalition provides support services to truck crash survivors and victims, and works with our volunteers to advocate for stronger motor carrier safety standards, better law enforcement as well as tougher penalties and higher fines for unsafe commercial drivers and unsafe motor carrier operators.
The TSC seeks an effective, dynamic individual to help organize and lead grassroots outreach campaigns in support of our truck safety agenda, including efforts to stop increases in truck size and weight and address driver fatigue. The successful candidate will have strong organizing, communication, team building, and project management skills. This person must work well with others, have a high energy level and be committed to advancing a public health and safety agenda.
• Organizing coalitions and identifying groups and individuals to support our truck safety agenda. These include TSC’s core constituencies such as public health and safety organizations, friends and family of crash victims, and truck crash survivors.
• Using organizing and communication tools such as the web, blogs, etc..
• Expanding the truck safety network by identifying “grass tops” supporters or key opinion leaders.
• Writing and distributing letters, action alerts and fact sheets.
• Assisting in recruiting participants in the annual Sorrow to Strength conference.
• Conducting research on state and federal truck safety issues and state specific crash data.
• Self-starter with ability to multitask required.
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must have strong knowledge/experience with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Experience with public interest advocacy, campaign experience, or non-profit work a plus.
Exceptional interpersonal skills are necessary to build and maintain the kind of relationships needed to succeed at this job. The coordinator must have the ability to organize volunteers and groups around a specific advocacy campaign. He or she must demonstrate the ability to work strategically and as a team player. The person must possess strong writing and public speaking skills and must be able to use good judgment.
Education: College degree required.
Email letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with compensation requirements. Position to be filled immediately. No phone calls please.
Please mention Eyes On Obama when applying!